Monday, January 13, 2014

My Other Christmas Quilt Finish: Scrappy Strippy Christmas Coin Quilt

So, I'm happy to report that I am able to sew quilt binding on by flashlight.  When our power was out over Christmas, that was how I entertained myself some of the time ... and I got this quilt all done. 
-
I pretty much always quilt with vibrant colours, but I realised I don't often use a lot of red.  I think that is what I really like about this quilt -- all the Christmasy red!
Here it is a little closer.  Also, if you notice a cloudy area floating over part of the quilt (left side) that is because two certain small someones got a smudge on my camera lens that I didn't notice until after all these pictures were taken.  (Notice said small someones in the background in this picture).  I know it was them as when I went to download my pics this morning there were 289 pictures.  I had taken maybe 45 of them.  Let's just say there were lots of close-up photos of nostrils and household objects.
Another close shot complete with smudge.
 BLOOPER REEL.
And finally, this caused big excitement at our house.  I made the kids some waffle sticks and a bubble cooked into a heart.  :-)
-
Hope you have a great week!  Posted by Riel Nason

9 comments:

Kim said...

Isn't it fun when love pops up so unexpectedly...even from the waffles.
Looks plenty cold up there!
Lovely finish :0)

Happy Sewing and Happy 2014

Tonya Ricucci said...

really cute, congrats!

M-R Charbonneau said...

A beautiful, fun and fresh Christmas quilt, Riel!

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a fun Christmas quilt! My nieces always leave me interesting pictures on my ipad when they leave!

Annie Labruyère said...

What a nice quilt and a nice bubble :-)

Richard Wesley said...

Thanks for the ideas your share here
So far, I am looking for a source of reference on various websites
Now I have found what I was looking for all this time
I keep the spirit to strive to be the best, one of which is a reference from your idea that really helped me.
Once again I want to say thank you
hadroh jepara marawis jepara rebana jepara

Ulla's Quilt World said...

So lovely! :)
Greetings from Finlan!
Hugs, Ulla

Charo said...

WOW, It's lovely! I love all these colors, looking at this quilt makes me feel happy!

Thank you

Charo said...

WOW, It's lovely! I love all these colors, looking at this quilt makes me feel happy!

Thank you