Sunday, December 1, 2013

Scrappy Strippy Christmas Coin Quilt Top Done

I hadn't planned to make a second Christmas quilt this year, but oh well.  I love how scrappy and cheerful this is and it went together SO FAST!
 I rarely buy fabric for a specific project; I just buy what I like and what I think I may use in "Something, Someday" so I had both the red herringbone sashing and snowman border fabric in my stash already.  I had a yard of each which was enough.
 Here is my daughter Tess, who is 6, jumping in to inspect the quilt mid-photoshoot.
 There are so many novelty type scraps in it, it can also work as a Christmas-themed I-Spy quilt.
I think I'll put a scrappy binding on it too!  Hopefully it will be done and on the couch for Christmas this year.  (Notice the foot in this pic ... someone is still hovering nearby)
-
-
And for the first time in forever, I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!
-
Follow on Bloglovin
Posted by Riel Nason

11 comments:

Dominique said...

What a fun, happy quilt! Love it!

Linda said...

Love it, Riel! Such a pretty Christmas quilt.

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

Love it.

felicity said...

I'm very envious of Tess's hair! Oh my those red tresses!

Also: nice quilt! :)

Judee said...

Lovely happy Christmas quilt but I am looking past to the one hanging on the wall…a Christmas trees quilt. We just moved to a tiny apt. and have no room for a tree but I could hang this on a wall reserved for med. sized quilts. I was wondering if you could post that quilt and maybe any instructions that you might have for it. thanks so much and God bless. Judee

wannabequilter.com said...

It looks fantastic!

Marsha Cooper said...

I like the top too.
I donated what Christmas fabric I had left to the church as we are making bags to give to the kids this year.

Susan Being Snippy said...

wonderful projects and so very bright and cheery! bin a while since Ive been online so am reading back a few posts...

M-R Charbonneau said...

So bright and cheerful, Riel! No wonder it is getting stalked by your 6 year old. :)

Sara said...

beautiful quilts--the borders are lovely.

Riel Nason said...

Thanks Everyone! Judee, that is a selvage Christmas tree wallhanging I made last year, but it is my own design. If you look under my 2012/2013 completed quilts tab you can see the post about it.