Thursday, November 28, 2013

Christmas Scrap Quilt in Progress

 Last year I made a HUGE table runner using lots of Christmas scraps cut into 2.5 inch strips.  I didn't get it quilted and put it away in a drawer.  Quite honestly, table runners look nice on tables in pictures in decorating magazines.  Tables that aren't used for eating, homework, crafting ... tables that aren't ours ...
 
 So last night I cut the table runner up.  Then I added a few more pieces too.
I arranged them as coin strips and cut some super cheery red-and-white herringbone to add.
I love how lively and fun it looks.

I should be able to finish it today!
-
Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!
-
Posted by Riel Nason

5 comments:

Brenda said...

good idea. I actually use table runners now, but when my children were small I only used wipe-off placemats.

HollyM said...

You are so right. Good idea! I manage a runner on my coffee table but not the table.

Tonya Ricucci said...

cute, really love that sashing.

Caroline Heinrichs said...

This gets me going on my bags and bags of scraps! So cute!

barbara woods said...

love it