Thursday, November 21, 2013

Arranging, Rearranging, Arranging ...

 Can you stand another post about my Christmas One-Block Wonder?  If not, click the page closed now ...
 Still here?  Good.  I have been moving around the blocks trying to get an arrangement I like.  It has been quite tricky.
The blocks are great individually, but it was hard to arrange them so they all looked good together.  The blocks that were cut from the Christmas tree sections of the original fabric are a lot darker than all the other blocks.  It was hard to make sure those blocks didn't completely steal the whole focus of the quilt.
 Birds and stars ended up at the top, appropriately enough.
 That block that looks like a peppermint candy is made of pieces of a snowman's scarf.
I have started sewing it together and should have a completed quilt top by the weekend!
-
I'm linking up with The Needle and Thread Network.  Click on over to see what other Canadian quilt bloggers are up to.
-
Posted by Riel Nason

11 comments:

Dresden Quilter said...

It is looking amazing!

beth said...

This will be a wonderful quilt!

Julierose said...

I like the way you finalized those darks and lights; the "heavier" trees are really good for the bottom--Can't wait to see this finish!! (By the way--I never get bored with your blog!!) Hugs, Julierose

Laura said...

Thanks for showing your process!

When I took a WBW class, the teacher suggested grouping blocks together that had something in common. She felt that each block should relate somehow to the block next to it.

Sharon~Two Bits Patches said...

Looks good. I've made one of these one block wonders, it was hard enough to arrange even with only one colour!

Mary said...

This will be gorgeous when done. Such a neat idea and I love all the blocks.

Caroline Heinrichs said...

http://goodearthquilting.blogspot.ca/2013/11/crazy-quilts-made-modern.html

Hi Riel, pop over and check out my posting. Love this quilt!

Kate said...

You do amazing work!

Riel Nason said...

Hi Caroline, I surfed over to your blog, but couldn't see how to leave a comment. Love all the crazy quilts. I love any quilt design style that basically no two quilts will turn out alike and crazy quilts are just that!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

One block wonder blocks are always beautiful. I have a couple of yards of fabric put to the side, one is a vintage print, and the other a new print so I can play with the one block wonder soon.

Susan Being Snippy said...

Ive always wanted to do a one block wonder, even have the book, but it is a ways down in the pile of 'to dos'....