Monday, January 21, 2013

Scrappy Valentine Heart Wall Quilt

My scrappy Valentine heart wall quilt is all done to quilt top form.
I make a lot of scrap projects but it had been a loooong time since I had just done freestyle scrap piecing. (I must say that seeing all the 15-Minutes-Play projects around blogland was a good inspiration to do this one).  The last time I made a freestyle scrap quilt was my Attack of the Scraps Quilt way back in 2010!
This shows the border.  I had a lot of that Valentine fabric.  Sometime last fall it was on sale at Marden's for 99 cents a yard and I bought the rest of the bolt.  I was thinking of using it for backing at the time.  It is a nice Free Spirit fabric.
And looking ahead to the next holiday... I found this vintage sheet over the weekend.  Had to buy it of course.
-
I'm linking up to Made by You Monday.
-
 
Cheers!  Posted by Riel Nason

6 comments:

Angie said...

Love love love your heart wallhanging!!

Dresden Quilter said...

I love the scrapiness.

Catskill Quilter said...

What a fabulous quilt! I love it - scrappy heaven!

Helen said...

That border fabric finishes it beautifully! And those inner borders are perfect. Great quilt!

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a wonderful big scrappy heart!! The border fabric is the perfect finishing touch. Wonderful!!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE! ;-) of course i do! ;-)