I finished this quilt top a long time back, maybe early fall last year, but it sat around unquilted and unbound until now. I am so pleased it is all done. It is for my niece who is three.
The layout is my own design. I really like how the sashing divides the squares up into groups. I sent it out to be quilted. I could have done the quilting myself as it isn't a huge quilt, but I would have just done straight lines. Instead I really like a nice tight overall stipple for quilts that will be washed frequently -- which I suspect this will. They just seem to hold up better. And Tina (long-armer) does such a nice job!
My niece's name is Molly, so there is an M square for her. There are also lots of 'girly' pink and purple squares -- flowers, butterflies, hearts, princess stuff, etc. No two squares are alike.
This shows a peek at the backing and binding. The binding is yellow with white polka dots. The flowers on the backing all have smiling faces.
I'm really happy with how it turned out ... now I just need to get my nephews' quilts done.