Monday, February 20, 2012

New I Spy Quilt in Progress

 I've started a new I Spy Quilt.  This one is for my five-year-old nephew. 
 It uses 132 I Spy squares.  All different.  Four inches each.  I got most of the squares in an I Spy swap last year and only had to cut about 25 of my own.
 You can see in this pic that I used painters tape to number the rows.   I love painters tape.  I often use it to tape quilt tops to the wall for photos.  I also use it to put all the kids' artwork up.  We can stick the pictures right to the wall anywhere in the house and even if they are up for a month or more, the paint on the wall isn't hurt when we finally take them down.
 The rows of squares are all sewn together.
It shouldn't take too long to finish at all!
-
I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday and The Needle and Thread Network.
-
Posted by Riel Nason on The Q and the U

17 comments:

Julierose said...

So Cute--I like your sashing choice. Julierose

Deborah said...

I love your I Spy quilts. Looking forward to seeing this one develop.

Richard Healey said...

I have just recently joined a I Spy swap and its neat looking at a quilt being put together using it.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
Stop by for my quilt givaway to guess my babys b-day and weight.

HollyM said...

I love I Spy quilts and I've always planned to make one (no one to make for yet) but I'm not sure if I would have the patience. I guess it would depend on the block size.
What a good idea to have an exchange.

Jean said...

LOOOOOVE it! the sashing fabric is really really cute!!!!

Sharon~Two Bits Patches said...

Wow - another I Spy! It's great to look at your squares and say, I have that one too!

Live a Colorful Life said...

How fun. I LOVE your sashing fabric. You always find the BEST sashing fabric!

Vesuviusmama said...

Painters tape, eh? Great idea!

gifts charity said...

Different designs in the fabrics are look so beautiful and colorful.I really like this fabrics.

Patti said...

Love your header photo Riel! Couldn't be more Canadian!!
Love the quilt! It your border print Remix?

elle said...

I learned early on to let the fabric do the work if you don't want to obsess over pointy points. Eye Spy quilts are sew versatile. Good job!

Susan Being Snippy said...

I spy quilts are great to have on hand for those new additions to the family or just to do cause they are so fun to make!

Linda said...

Very cute!

Sel's Quilting Blog said...

That's a really neat I Spy quilt - I hope your nephew enjoys it!

Mary Ann said...

Your I Spy quilt is wonderful. Congrats also on getting published:)

Regina said...

Your quilt gave me an idea how to (at least partially) clean out my flannels scrap bag. Hope mine will turn out as lovely as yours!
And that painter's tape is so much better than my sticking-more-and-more-pins-on-each-row-beginning method.

Sheila said...

Lots of great prints , I spy quilts are such fun and children love them .