Thursday, January 26, 2012

Eek Monsters Baby Quilt

 I made this little quilt for a friend who will soon be having a baby boy.
 It is made from a fabric line called "Eek Monsters" by Studio E.  My friend is a quilter too and I knew from fabric shopping with her that she liked this line.  (In fact I may have even sneakily bought the fabric when out with her.  *wink*  I believe it went something like, oh, I forgot something, you go ahead, I've got to go back for a second.)
-
For the front I bought three charm packs and then took out all the squares with black, dark stripes and purple and set them aside.  (They will be perfect in a future Halloween quilt)  The backing is below.
 So cute and colourful.
The binding is a black and white herringbone which I think adds just the right amount of interest.  I quilted it with simple wavy lines along the seams. 
-
Posted by Riel Nason on The Q and the U

13 comments:

Suzanne said...

I LOVE sneaky shopping and surprise quilts!

Julierose said...

Just really love those "monsters"--so colorful--the baby's eyes will definitely be drawn to them...Julierose

Martha said...

Adorable - what a cheerful quilt in the middle of winter - in this hemisphere anyway!

Linda said...

What a lucky friend you have! The fabric is perfect for a little boy!

Jean said...

Oh yes, the herringbone is so cute!

Sarah said...

Herringbone rules for bindings! Need to find me some...

Terri said...

EEEK!!! I can't tell which side I like better! Love it. Your daughter has great taste.
Hugs,

HollyM said...

How cute and colorful, just right for a little boy.
My husband just finished reading your book, by the way, and he loved it too. He read it in a few days.

Lynne said...

There is no doubt your friend is gonna love it!

Sue said...

I have some of this monster fabric.. I bet I know who the quilt is for...

very nice... love it...

Ginette said...

That monster fabric is adorable! Perfect colors for a baby quilt! Good Job!

Riel Nason said...

Thanks so much everyone! I gave this to my friend the other day and yes she liked it ! :-) Sue, you do know who it is for.

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

That is a super cute baby quilt. I just love the colors they used in that collection. Would love to have you come link-up at Finished it Friday! Have a fabulous weekend!
~Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva