Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas Strip Quilt

This is my last finished quilt of 2011.  It is Eli's Christmas Strip Quilt.
It was finished in time for him to have it before Christmas.  (Just barely)
It was fun and fast to make and I'm really pleased with how it turned out.
I quilted it with green/red/white variegated thread.  I alternated between straight and wavy lines across each strip right near the seam.  The wavy line is a stitch on my machine, so it is not me manually keeping it evenly spaced.  I just have to be careful with the speed.  I don't have a walking foot and just use my regular machine foot.
The back is pieced with several large pieces of fabric.  The binding is a candy cane stripe.
-
Posted by Riel Nason on The Q and the U

15 comments:

Lynne said...

It's absolutely lovely!

Jackie said...

A great Christmas quilt! It turned out beautifully!

Linda said...

What a jolly Christmas quilt. I love scrap quilts and yours is delightful. Like the pillow case too.

Das Quiltmonster said...

It's really lovely!! I like it!!!

Ginette said...

I love this!! I like the quilting too. A great quilt! I bet he just loves it!

Anita said...

How beautiful! I see some prints that are in my stash too! =)

Shelley said...

What a wonderful quilt- bright and joyful!

Needled Mom said...

What a nice finish!

Dresden Quilter said...

I love it.

O'Quilts said...

I love the Christmas strippy quilt and I also love the one with ants. Great job!

Suzanne said...

Wow! It's so fun to swap quilts for the seasons. I can't wait to see what you do for Valentine's day. :-)

lej619 said...

wow I LOVE IT!! sorry did not mean to shout but it is so pretty, I wanted to make sure you heard me!!
hehe

Catskill Quilter said...

Gorgeous quilt! I just love it, and if I was Eli, I would not want to share it. Congrats!

Riel Nason said...

:-) !!! But, Suzanne, Valentine's Day will have to wait until another year ... eventually ... hee,hee ...

markkfinn said...

Also quilted with green colorful thread. Even alternately straight and wavy lines across each strip directly at the seam.

scrapbook paper