Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Strip Quilt Progress

 I've been sewing away on the Christmas strip quilt I'm making.  I must say I love how cheerful it looks.  It is made of fabrics which are predominantly shades of green or red.  A lot of the fabrics also have white in them which really brightens the quilt up.  I used Christmas fabrics as well as non-seasonal ones that I thought mixed in well.
 When sewing all the little pieces together I alternated between red and green fabrics.  I sewed one long, long giant strip together, then cut it up every 63 inches.  I then arranged those strips to make the quilt.  My only rule was that no two pieces which were exactly the same fabric touch each other in the quilt.  Some areas are more green, some more red, but I think it is looking great overall.  I don't have too many strips left to sew in place.
Thanks for stopping by!
-
Posted by Riel Nason on The Q and the U

8 comments:

Jean said...

OOOH, that's going to be darling. Love it!

By the way, I finished your novel. I enjoyed every word! I loved the characters...

Cool Cats and Quilts said...

You have a fantastic selection of fabrics Riel, a very fun quilt!

Stray Stitches said...

What a great way to make a Christmas quilt. I look forward to seeing the finished product :)

Needled Mom said...

It really looks terrific - so bright and colorful!

Live a Colorful Life said...

This is going to be a really cute quilt!

Kim said...

ho ho ho this just say " Merry Christmas"...what sweet little quilt.

Happy Sewing

Lynne said...

It looks great. The construction sounds similar to a "jelly roll race" quilt!

laurawilson25 said...

I love the idea!