Sunday, September 18, 2011

More Pictures from the KVQG Quilt Show

 I have more pics to share today.  Above is Setting Day by the Tidal Threads Quilt and Needlework Guild, Grand Manan, NB.  It is interesting that when I asked my husband what quilt he voted for as People's Choice, he tried to act nonchalant and said "I don't know, it had some fish on it."  Well, with further questioning, I found out it was this quilt.  I forgot to actually fill out my ballot for People's Choice, but this would have absolutely been my choice too.  Pretty funny.  This quilt won a Judge's Choice award.
 This is our New Brunswick Coat of Arms meticulously recreated by Judith LeClue.  It won first place in the Modern category. 
 I love redwork.  This is Tea at Five by Joan MacDonald.
 These sweet owls are by Tanya White.  Tanya is my quilting buddy.  I am so glad she entered the show!
 Look at these brights against black!  This quilt is by Catherine McGavney and won 2nd place in the Group Hand Quilted Category.
 I am fascinated by the possibilities of one block wonder quilts.  Laura Wright used a watermelon fabric for this.  I think it turned out really cool.
 Total scrappy goodness!  This is by Nancy Armitage.
 This is the first time I've seen a Celtic Knot quilt done in colours.  It is by Debbie Knox.
 More scrappy goodness.  This quilt is by Carol Lee and it won 3rd place in the Group Machine quilted category.
Super sweet bunnies by Sue McEachern.  This quilt won Best Hand Applique and Best Hand Quilting.  Sue also made me a selvage pincushion which she gave to me as a surprise at show set-up.  It is much nicer than the tomato one I had been using.  Thanks Sue!
-
Posted by Riel Nason on The Q and the U

3 comments:

Teje said...

Hi Riel! Thank you for sharing your photos! Wonderful quilts - I love also that ' something about fishes' and that with 'something about melons'! How nice to find new inspiration!
xxx Teje

Lynne said...

More lovely quilts - I couldn't pick just one this time!!

Brenda said...

Congratulations on the publication of your book! I really enjoy your blog and especially seeing all the pictures from the quilt show. Thanks.