Saturday, April 24, 2010

Seasonally Inappropriate




Sometimes my husband and I joke that our two-year-old daughter only likes to dress seasonally inappropriately. She chooses her own clothes each day and often has to be coaxed out of a pair of shorts or summer skirt into long pants (it is still quite chilly here). Maybe it is all my fault. I mean, look, here I am making more of these Halloween blocks in April.
-
But I can't help myself. It's fun. And I must say that going back to making more of these squares is a perfect change of pace after finishing all the free-piecing on the Princess Castle quilt. These Halloween blocks are very straightforward and I can work on several, assembly-line style, at a time.
-
Each one is an eight-inch block. Each has a fussy cut center and one or more borders. I am not sure exactly how many I need in total yet. At least 56, probably more. I have 21 done now. They will all be different, to make this quilt as wonderfully I-Spyish as possible.



8 comments:

Rachel said...

The blocks are very cute... and, you know, some of us (maybe not you, but definitely me) would have to start a Halloween quilt in April to be sure it was done in time for the holiday.

Riel said...

:-) Well, I may stall out on these yet. But yes, I do have lots of time to get it done!

Anonymous said...

You ought to take part in a contest for one of the highest quality sites online.
I will highly recommend this blog!
Here is my weblog :: Credit Repair Reviews

Anonymous said...

Hi mates, how is all, and what you desire to say concerning this article, in my view its
actually amazing in favor of me.
Feel free to surf my page : Buy Facebook Likes Canada

Kirsten Jones said...

Howdy! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so I came to look it over. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Terrific blog and wonderful design and style.And it's my website robinetshop.com about water taps,welcome to visit anytime.

Tiffany bolder said...

Je dois dire que dans l'ensemble je suis très pris avec ce site. Il est évident que vous vous connaissez sujet et vous êtes passionné par le sujet. Je voudrais avoir obtenu votre capacité à écrire. J'ai signet votre site et nous nous réjouissons à plus de mises à jour.Et c'est mon site robinetshop.com sur les robinets d'eau, bienvenue à visiter à tout moment.

mytapworld said...

We are Professional manufacturer of high quality taps. We offer a collection of more than 10,000 Taps in our www.tapworld.com.au

finestglasses said...

You don need do anything but click here to get free prescription glasses. I believe you never have such a great chance to get free glasses. Hurry up.